Wednesday 12 June 2013

Daddy Loves You

It has been the most wonderful scrappy weather in Brisbane tonight... Perfect for putting the finishing touches on a couple of layouts that I will be sharing soon.

I was fortunate to be able to attend the Scrapbook Expo last weekend and put some lovely faces to names! What a hoot - looking forward to catching up again soon.

I'd love to share this layout I've created for the mid month DT reveal at 123. This month the criteria are:










I've admired a technique of paper piercing for a while now and thought this would be a great opportunity to give it a go. I wanted to have major emphasis on the word 'you', so I set the word on my computer, printed it out the size I wanted it to be, and then set about piercing loads of tiny holes into my cardstock...


























I loved the effect! But it had to stand out a touch more on the page, so I gave it a light coat of Stickles.


























I've used silver instead of grey. (Nursing a mild obsession with embossing powder at the moment.)










































I've used a couple of circular shapes; some gorgeous Greatest View flair, some fussy cut, embossed shapes from an Amy Tangerine stamp set. Some journalling on vellum, a couple of sequins and a new Crafters Workshop template I picked up at the show.



































Materials used: Kaisercraft cardstock, Crate Maggie Holmes, Amy Tangerine 'Yes Please' clear stamps, AC silver embossing powder, Versamark, Greatest View flair, Studio Calico wood veneer #200, SC Atlantic sequins, The Crafters Workshop 'Mini Well Rounded' 6x6 template, Memento ink, Glitz Stickles, fountain pen, pin & twine


I'm completely thrilled with the way it turned out. Hopefully you get a chance to join us this month - it would be great to see you there!

Thanks for popping in!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I adore this! The title looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You´ve made my eyes wet...just a few colors and some circles and the right words...and the miracle happened! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sjoe....this is just wowsers! Love that title and love the styling! Fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my all time favorite layout of yours (so far) :)
    Chantalle it is absolutely stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chantalle I absolutely LOVE this! That large 'you' is so striking...I love the layered circles too :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!