Saturday 21 December 2013

Making a List - Kraft it Up!

One of the things I love most about this time of the year, is watching my little man scribble his thoughts down, on what he would like from the big 'Man in Red'. When he wrote his own list a few years ago I literally jumped up and down with excitement. Such a milestone! He now helps little Sis with hers... but that won't last much longer either.

I've snapped him in action and used it in my layout for the Kraft it Up challenge this month. As with a few of my teams, this is my last one for KIU. I've made so many new scrappy friends in the process and will miss it. But... there are going to be lots of fresh new faces to inspire you in the coming months! I hope you will continue to support Melissa and the girls in their endeavours.


The challenge this month is to create a layout, "Christmas Themed" using one of the following non traditional colour schemes...
AQUA/KRAFT/WHITE/SILVER
OR
PINK/KRAFT/WHITE/GOLD

The kraft plays up both of these colour combinations beautifully! As you can see I have gone with the aqua combo, with a few touches of pink here and there (is that cheating? hehe)









































I've created a pocket with the bottom section of lined paper, by sewing three sides and leaving the top open. In here, I've tucked more of Josh's writing - his top 10 (mind you, his choices change daily!)

This 2Crafty chipboard Reindeer has been given a slick of gesso and a slather of crackle paint. Looks divine!


If you can squeeze in the crafty time, the challenge entries close 11.55pm, 31st December... take advantage of the free time while the kids play with their chrissy toys ;)

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. This layout is so sweet! I love the color scheme too!!! I think I might play along!...Awesome inspiration Chantalle!... Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and family... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely, I loved watching my kids grow up and do things for themselves as they could.. and this is a special layout about that milestone in your sons life.. I love the aqua and kraft, I have done the pink version, just have to get time to load it up.. probably after Christmas.. just a tad too busy!! Have a very Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all part of the magic of childhood and I love that we get to capture and preserve these moments. A beautiful page Chantalle!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!