Thursday 23 July 2015

Press Play - Scrapbooking Memories Magazine

I was very chuffed to participate in a little challenge recently for Scrapbooking Memories Magazine, along with three other awesome scrappers. We each got to choose a decade and then create a layout which captured the feel of that decade. Mine was the 80's, which was right up my alley! Pop culture, neon, glitter... a chance to revisit my youth!

Volume 18 No.2 on page 63
My layout is based around things that made growing up in the 80's fun for me.


As a child, a big treat for me was going down to a local cafĂ© that had a Pac-Man arcade game. I found an image online and created a cut file in Silhouette Studio.  I backed the maze part of it with blue glitter cardstock and used yellow card for the pac-dots.  I printed off the ghosts onto white card and gave them a slick of glossy accents for definition.


The rest of the page uses printed imagery as ephemera, along with a photo of my Sister and I, squeezing our beloved Cabbage Patch Kids.


Such a trip down memory lane!


You can read all about this page in Volume 18 No. 2 (pg 63) as well as check out the fabulous creations for the 60's, 70's, & 90's too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I really really REALLY love your layout!!! The 80's are awesome - what a cute pic with the CPKs! Loving this to bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing layout Chantalle! and great memory to preserve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool ... Absolutley brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....waaaay cool and such a good idea to use the Pac Man board as the background! Yip...I am an 80s kid too and this all rings a bell! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!