Monday 13 November 2017

Christmas Decor DCWV Very Merry and WRMK Punches

Hello again!

Just a quick one to share this little Christmas scene I've created with an op-shop find, some of my fave WRMK punches and the new Very Merry Premium 12x12 Paper Stack from DCWV.


I've admired the tiny Tim Holtz trees for so many years and finally added some to my stash a few weeks ago. I figured I should actually use them not just stare at them, lol, so I created this little woodland scene on an old record that I found at a second hand store.


Initially I was just going to use the record flat and pop some alphas around the circumference but then I found out how easy it was to bend records to create other things, so I folded it into a taco shape (my kiddo's description!) and used the bottom as the base and top part to hold a festive message.


For the top part, I used my circular Thicker Alignment Guide as a stencil to cut out a sentiment from the journalling element sheet from the Very Merry paper pad. Obviously, this isn't exactly what the guide is supposed to be used for, but as I mentioned earlier, I was going to run some lettering around the record (which I will still try out on another project for sure!)

I then used my WRMK Reinforcer Hole Punch to create enough little circles to fill the top area of the semi circle. On top of the reinforcers, I then popped some tiny floral shapes which I punched using the same paper pad and my Marquee Elegant Font Punch.


The teeny florals bring a bit of extra colour and fun to the area.


My trees were next - given a lashing of green with 'Sea Foam' and 'Mint' Heidi Swapp Color Shine. For some snowy frosting, I used spray snow from a discount store.


Teeny deer to frolic amongst tiny trees! I strung some twine around one of the trees and used some red AC Zazz Glitter Glue for the baubles.

The snow was a bit tricky to adhere to the record. I basically just applied a layer of PVC glue, sprinkled the snow then glue, then snow, building up the layers as they dried. There's probably a better way out there but that made sense to me at the time.


 Finished off with some Pink Paislee chipboard letters and die cuts, this little


Heaps of new DCWV products are available at Spotlight Stores nation wide right now - perfect for your Christmas projects!

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

  1. Love that smiley faced record . Need one of those for decor in my studio . Great idea .

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!